How to Restore Your Dental Aesthetics through Invisalign Procedure
A brilliant smile makes an integral part of your self-esteem and confidence. However, misaligned, crooked, or overcrowded teeth can adversely affect your dental outlook, and you need to consider Invisalign treatment to transform your dental appearance. Invisalign clear aligners are viable orthodontic prosthetics that gradually move your teeth to preferred positions. Invisalign straightens your teeth by utilizing invisible and removable plastic aligners that are custom-made for your personalized needs. Undergoing Invisalign procedure near you will restore a beautiful and natural smile.
Invisalign procedure involves a series of clear plastic aligners that are fit over your teeth for realignment. The treatment is ideal in addressing various dental imperfections, including oral malocclusions. The plastic trays are virtually invisible and friendly to your oral tissues. Unlike conventional metal braces, Invisalign clear aligners ensure you maintain proper oral hygiene. Invisalign orthodontic aligners are ideal for you if you need to enhance your smile and align your teeth. The procedure is suitable in addressing the following dental issues:
- Crooked Teeth that adversely affect your smile
- Gaps between your multiple teeth lead to the deposition of food debris between dental spaces and pose a potential threat of periodontal infections. Invisalign seals the spacing and ensures proper oral hygiene and an aesthetic smile.
- Oral malocclusions where your upper teeth are too far from lower teeth, upper teeth sit inside lower teeth, or bottom teeth are in front of upper teeth. Invisalign treatment ensures your teeth are correctly aligned and enhances natural chewing capabilities.
- Crowded teeth overlap and trap food leading to plaque and tartar build-up. The debris causes decay and gum disease. Based on your dental state’s severity, Invisalign treatment can address your complexity and minimize extensive procedures in the future.
What the Invisalign Procedure Entails
The Invisalign procedure is precise, and it involves the following steps:
- During your initial visit, your orthodontist will examine your mouth and jaws through digital imaging.
- If you have severe underlying oral issues, your dentist may recommend visiting an emergency dentist near you before the Invisalign treatment.
- Upon assessment, your dental practitioner will determine whether aligners are ideal for you and if you are a perfect candidate, digital impressions of your teeth are developed.
- Through advanced technology, aligners are designed, and a treatment plan is customized to correct your dental issues.
- The aligners and attachments are used under special instruction, and a series of custom-made plastic aligners are used during your treatment plan. You are likely to use a set of aligners once a week.
- Follow-up appointments are made after six to 12 weeks of progressive use of aligners. An evaluation is done, and you are likely to get further instructions to ensure you achieve desired results.
Upon successful treatment, your orthodontist may recommend using retainers to ensure your teeth remain in the desired positions. Failure to wear retainers may cause your teeth to shift back to their undesirable locations.
What Makes Invisalign Treatment Effective?
It’s vital to follow all the guidelines provided by your specialist during Invisalign treatment near you. Your orthodontist may recommend you to:
- Wear aligners for up to 22 hours daily to achieve desired results.
- Clean your aligners using recommended solutions to avoid damaging them and ensure they are effective.
- It would be ideal to visit your dentist regularly to monitor your progress through dental exams.
- Remove your aligners while cleaning your teeth or when eating.
Your treatment duration will depend on your condition and how long you put the braces over your dental. Spaced teeth may require more time to regain a natural shape.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
- Invisalign is unnoticeable, unlike conventional wires and brackets. They provide you with an aesthetic smile without anyone knowing you are under treatment.
- It’s easy to clean your teeth with clear plastic aligners since they are removable during routine dental cleaning and flossing. Unlike wires and brackets that can trap food, Invisalign improves your periodontal health.
- Clear aligners have no potential complications, unlike traditional braces. If you have any discomforts with aligners, you need to visit the emergency dentist near you for alternative options.
If you are looking for an Invisalign treatment orthodontist, our North County Dental Group specialists have an exceptional treatment service. Invisalign treatment near you is a viable option for addressing your dental issues and ensuring you restore aligned teeth. Please consult our experienced team today and find suitable Invisalign treatment.